In order to achieve these objectives the library will undertake to:-
- Serve as the centre of information for the Vidyalaya and provide easy access to national and global knowledge to all staff and students.
- Offer an inviting and attractive physical space with proper seating arrangements and other amenities.
- Ensure that staff and students are treated with courtesy and offered all assistance in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Offer proactive services to all users.
- Optimize its potential to provide access to information and knowledge to all by proper display, categorization/classification of resource materials.
- Help all the users to develop the skills to make optimum use of all the facilities.
- Undertake activities to foster an interest in books and increase involvement in the library.
- Improve the collection and services on a continuing basis in consultation with users/stakeholders.
- Workout the programme in consultation with teachers for the effective use of all types of library materials.
- To work effectively and efficiently by undertaking every activity in a professional manner.
Services to be provided by the library:-
- Issue of books for home use – Each student would be issued 2 books at a time for a period of 1 week. Staff members, including principal, would be issued max. 5 books at a time for a max. period of 1 fortnight. Failure to return books on time would compulsorily lead to penalty of Re.1 per day for all (Students & Staff).
- A recall system for overdue books should be introduced. This could be achieved by sending a overdue note to the concerned student through the class teacher. In case of staff the note can be sent through the school office.
- Reissue of books by a user may be allowed max. Twice more after first issue.
- In case a user loses a book He/She would have to either replace the book or deposit three times the price of the book in the library.
- Each user would be provided with library cards for issue of books.
- Magazines and periodicals may also be issued for a week only. However, it must be ensured that at least 2 previous issues are available in the library. A separate register should be maintained for this purpose.
- Reading facilities in the library – There should be comfortable seating arrangement with proper lighting in the library. The library would be open on all working days and the entire duration of school hours.