Search Library Database Here
Library Activities 2013-14
Career Guidance Exhibition 7-08-2013
Career Talk Program by Colonel R.K. Singh Deputy Director Employment Exchange Mr. Agnihotri 7-08-2013
Career Guidance and Counselling 7.08.2013
This is the official Blog of Kendriya Vidyalaya UJJAIN Library & Information Centre @ Kendriya Vidyalaya UJJAIN. Explore the blog and enhance your knowledge , you will get the complete outlook of all the online and offline activities and services provided by the Library. This will give you the assistance to enrich your knowledge.Team of our eminent and knowledgeable teachers will be there to support and guide you. Mrs Nayan Thakur Librarian K V Ujjain
The Five Laws of Library Science
- 1. Books are for use.
- 2. Every book its reader.
- 3. Every reader his/her books.
- 4. Save the time of the reader and the staff.
- 5. Library is a growing organization.
- Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
The Five Laws of the Web
- Web resources are for use.
- Every user his or her web resource.
- Every web resource its user.
- Save the time of the user.
- The Web is a growing organism.
Five laws of librarianship:
- Libraries serve humanity.
- Respect all forms by which knowledge is communicated.
- Use technology intelligently to enhance service.
- Protect free access to knowledge; and
- Honor the past and create the future
Crawford & Gorman
Inaugural Ceremony Of Digital Library K.V.Ujjain
Chief Guest: Dr. Kaushik Bose Chief Librarian Vikram University Ujjain
Special Guest: Dr. Sonal Singh HOD Library Science Department Vikram University Ujjain
Guest Of Honor: Mr. R.K. Mishra District Education Officer Ujjain
Last Updated : -7/11/2013
Total Number of Books in Library K.V.Ujjain : – 14271
Total Number of Write off Books : – 3900
Entries of books have been made in the e-Granthalaya software. Books have been issued through bar code system.The library is fully automated.
The History of libraries
- Be the knowledge hub of the school and disseminate knowledge as widely as possible.
- Facilitate creation of new knowledge.
- Facilitate optimal use of knowledge by all staff and students.
- Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all staff and students.
- Encourage and foster reading habit among staff and students.
- Effectively participate in the teaching- learning programmes of the school.
100 Reasons to Read
- All students of the school are members of the library
- A student can borrow only two books at a time for a period of two weeks
- Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
- Marking, underlining or writing on library books is strictly forbidden
- Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any student. These can be read only in the library room.
- If the books are not returned within a specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
- The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired
- In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or deposit three times the price of the book in the library.
- A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.
- Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library
Book Fair – 06 – 07 December 2012